How To Beat Writer's Block Workshop
(And Have FUN Writing From Now On)
Make Writing FUN Again, Today
You can be:
- Fully committed to breaking your block in ten minutes
- Discovering how to get past what was stalling you in ten more
- Generating fresh ideas and exciting twists and turns for your blocked story or a brand new one ten minutes after that
- Learning how to stay focused in under ten minutes more
- And writing your story, and having fun doing it, five minutes after that
Are You Writing? Just As Importantly, Are You Having Fun When You Write?
I've run across four types of real writer's block.
- Complete Block, where the writer simply cannot put words on paper. Though sometimes it happens for no apparent reason, this tends to be the sort of block that hits when the writer's life has gone through a huge shock---death of a loved one; loss of a job; a major illness; a massive financial crisis; and on, and on. The things life can throw at us are endless, and the results on a writer's work can be devastating.
- Inner Critic Block, where the writer is still writing, but hates every word that lands on the page, and ends up deleting everything sooner or later, moving from project to project without finishing anything.
- Pages of Misery Block, in which the writer is getting pages, and managing to keep them, but is having a miserable time, every day, day in and day out. The writing is less fun than working in a cubicle farm, and the writer frequently questions why he or she is even doing this.
- Chemical Block, in which the writer is taking anti-depressants or other medications---or using substances---that alter brain chemistry and that in some cases can completely kill writing.
There's a fifth kind of block...
- ...in which the writer dresses in black and goes to coffee houses and writers' meetings where he rolls his eyes and regales friends and anyone else who will listen with tales about the agonies he's suffering with his writer's block.
This isn't real writer's block. This is Truman Capote Writer's Block...
- ...where the writer can get lots of sympathy and credit for being a writer without actually having to write. Very handy if the writer has a multi-million-dollar advance in the bank and just wants to party. Or where the individual has discovered that claiming to be a writer is a great way to meet girls, (or guys) but has also discovered that producing an actual manuscript is a lot of work.
However, I can't think of a single working writer I've known who's been blocked and who's introduced it as a topic of party conversation.
- Writers talk about writer's block in the same tones (and at the same volume) that men discuss erectile dysfunction. And for the same reasons. The stuff we value ain't working, and we're in agony.
What Can I Do To Help You?
Let me start by telling you what I can't do.
If you're dealing with a Chemical Block---that is, if your writing is blocked because of side effects of medication (or substance use)---this course will not help you right now.
If you're blocked because of side effects from an antidepressant or other prescription medication, you're going to need to visit your doctor first, discuss different medications and alternative treatments, and see if, when you make changes in your medical treatment, diet, and exercise regimen, your writing comes back.
With a lot of medications, creativity drop-off is a known problem, and if you inform your physician that it's an issue for you, there's a good chance he can help you figure out alternative ways to treat your medical issues.
If you're blocked because of a substance issue (drugs or alcohol) and you genuinely want to write, lose the habit.
If you're still blocked after you've dealt with the chemical issues, come back. I can help you then.
What I can do:
- Help you break through your Pages Of Misery block and get you writing again, and show you how to have a wonderful time doing it.
- Help you shut up your Inner Critic and get you doing uncritical, spontaneous first drafts that will give you a lot more good material to work with in your revisions than your previous labored drafts where you questioned every word.
- Help you get past the trauma of Complete Block to relocate your muse, relocate your ideas, and relocate your joy in creating stories and putting words on the page.
In most cases, in about an hour.
If you are serious, really serious, about breaking your writer's block, then you need Holly Lisle's How to Beat Writer's Block. With a no-excuses attitude and a unique combination of techniques that she uses herself, Holly will help you break down your block, not just for now but forever. In a little over one hour, How to Beat Writer's Block helped me clear a weeks-long block and get writing again. I now know that I can beat writer's block any time in one hour. This course is the best investment in my writing career I ever made.
Carter Nipper, Georgia
The course was extraordinarily effective, in terms of speed; I started out dead blocked, and after I finished listening to the audio files I wound up opening my word processor and writing for ten minutes, and producing seven hundred words immediately, without pain or struggle. It was remarkable.
[One technique] was shockingly effective. I 'saw' the muse in my mind's eye very clearly, and found myself reacting to him as a real, living, independent being immediately; more to the point, I found that association very helpful in regaining a sense of excitement and wonder about my writing and my story.
Cora Anderson, Washington, US
I've mentioned that I write for a living. That means when I'm not writing, I'm edging toward not feeding my family, not keeping a roof over our heads, not paying the bills, not making it. I've been there once. I don't ever want to go there again.
- I don't have time to play games with writer's block. I need to be able to work, and work well, every time I sit down to write.
- And I need to have the process be enjoyable, because there's nothing like drudgery to kill creativity.
I'm assuming that you would rather end the pain of being blocked as quickly as possible, too.
So I'll talk you through it.
I spent about an hour with Holly Lisle's package while her for voice walked me through Beat Writers Block. It was fun and adaptable for those of us with mobility impairments. I am writing again, slowly but confidently.
I am regaining a sense of playfulness with writing. It's NICE not to dread the time I want to devote to my novels.
I actually found out that my voice recognition software may be something of "my second muse." It occasionally pops in like a mischievous gremlin to change what I've done. Sometimes those changes spark whole new directions and ideas.
I'm working on my first novel, or at least the first novel that I'm confident that I can complete. It's something of a "love note" to my Mother, fiction since biography felt like I was "looking up my Mother's skirts." I'm actually having fun with this, looking forward to working!
In the audio course Holly Lisle's How To Beat Writer's Block (And Have FUN Writing From Now On), you'll receive:
- Commitment training. If you really WANT to write, you have to commit totally...but there's a trick to it. I'll get you through the tricky part.
- The walkthrough I used to break my block in 1995, which will allow you to connect with your muse and get you focused on writing again in about ten minutes.
- The technique I use that will, in ten to twenty minutes, give you dozens of ideas on how to fix the problem you're having with your current project, or give you dozens of ideas for new projects---whichever you need right now.
- Training in how to maintain your focus and get your writing done every time you sit down.
- Five-minute daily coaching that will allow you to keep the writing fun every day.
- Follow-up tips, pointers, suggestions, and inspiration that will keep you from getting blocked again.
- The forms you'll use to keep up with your new directions and new ideas.
- And a forum where you can get encouragement, help, and feedback from other committed, focused writers who have dealt with this too. Now. Next week. Next year.
If you've had enough of the misery, if you want to get your words back, if you want to have fun writing again, order now.
How To Beat Writer’s Block Workshop
Start Writing Again Today!
7 Steps in downloadable, mp4 format, all available immediately
Methods proven to work
Downloadable MP3 Audio
Transcripts in printable PDF format
Worksheets in printable PDF format
Always available re-download*
Forum Discussions and Help[[salesbutton=02-BEATWRITERSBLOCK-SP-47]]
*You must log into your account at least once a year and keep your email current to maintain your classes.